Top 10 New Year's Resolutions for Horses
If our horses could share their New Year's Resolutions, we bet they'd go something like this…
1. I WILL gladly help my human lose those extra holiday pounds by transforming myself into the 2-in-1 Ultimate Equine Gym Apparatus (UEGA). A combination of treadmill (forced jogging routine back and forth across horse pasture for a minimum distance of five miles on most difficult "You'll never catch me" setting) and total body weight machine (set to "Leaning heavily on bit" for arms, and "You can pick out my hooves but you'll have to support my entire body weight" for back and legs).
2. I WILL NOT allow my human's refusal to acknowledge my genius in architectural design, which I have now demonstrated in multiple barn improvement projects, dissuade me from using my teeth to express my inner artistic creativity on the stable walls, stall door, and fences.
3. I WILL let my human believe that when she arrives at the barn to find me eagerly awaiting her at the paddock gate or stall door, my enthusiasm is purely an expression of my joy at seeing her and has nothing to do with the carrot I know she'll be carrying in her pocket.
4. I WILL NOT dignify my human's frequent and fervent pleas that I refrain from covering every square inch of my stall in manure with a response. Not until I receive some recognition for the effort that goes into my daily routine of depositing manure in key locations around the stall that ensures my trampling hooves pulverize it and evenly redistribute the resulting poo particles with maximum efficiency.
5. I WILL persevere in my goal to improve my human's ground and riding manners. I do not particularly enjoy disciplining my human when she misbehaves, but I have come to understand that humans, like foals, feel more secure when firm boundaries are established.
6. I WILL NOT be fooled by my human's delusional insistence that the horse-eating dragon lurking in the back of the trailer, the sharks prowling the murky depths of the water jump at competitions, and the invisible monster hiding wherever happens to be most convenient for me at the time are figments of my imagination.
7. I WILL exercise my mind with brain teasers and mental puzzles, such as figuring out how to open the stall door latch, and determining the best way to get over, under, around, or through the fence to the greener grass on the other side.
8. I WILL NOT waver from my sacred duty to take full advantage of mud puddles to coat myself entirely with a generous layer of filth just before my human arrives for our daily ride, thus gifting her with the privilege of grooming me.
9. I WILL make more time for my human in my busy schedule so the poor thing can spend more time having fun at the barn covered in my patented mixture of manure and muck, instead of enduring tedious hours of conversation with fellow humans of the male variety in the poor visibility provided by candlelight.
10. I WILL NOT let the dictatorial shriekings of the tyrannical woman (my human calls her "the trainer") who repeatedly urges my human every week to experiment on me with various cruel and unusual methods of torture (e.g. leg-yielding, gymnastic jumping) to break my spirit. Will seek comfort in the knowledge of my moral superiority…while attempting to "accidentally" run her over in between those bloody bounce jumps.Read more at www.horsejournals.com/top-10-new-years-resolutions-horses
- Arabian horses are the topic of many myths and legends. One origin story tells how Muhammad chose his foundation mares by a test of their [...]
- If our horses could share their New Year's Resolutions, we bet they'd go something like this [...]
- The trick to winning the race, advises a wise Paddy Payne to daughter Michelle, is to go a steady pace until finding [...]
- A pantomime horse is a theatrical representation of a horse or other quadruped by two actors in a single costume who cooperate and [...]
- Orbaks are the space horses in "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" directed by J.J. Abrams
- The Nokk is a character in Disney’s 2019 animated feature Frozen II. It is the horse-shaped elemental spirit of [...]
- New Year's Day is an American Thoroughbred racehorse. Racing only as a two-year-old he won two of his three races including the Breeders' Cup Juvenile.
- Thanksgiving is a time of reflection. While your horse can't speak, we'll bet that he's thankful for a whole lot this Thanksgiving.
- The wild horse (Equus ferus) is a species of the genus Equus, which includes as subspecies the modern domesticated horse [...]
- Virtual horse games sound like something for small children, but plenty of adults play them. Sometimes they are horse lovers [...]
- The Banker horse is a breed of feral horse (Equus ferus caballus) living on barrier islands in North Carolina's Outer Banks.
- Classical dressage evolved from cavalry movements and training for the battlefield, and has since developed into the competitive dressage seen today.
- White horses are born white and stay white throughout their lives. White horses may have brown, blue, or hazel eyes.
- Young Albert enlists to serve in World War I after his beloved horse is sold to the cavalry. Albert's hopeful journey takes him out of England and [...]
- White horses have a special significance in the mythologies of cultures around the world. They are often associated with the sun chariot [...]
- In 1872, Col. Meriwether Lewis Clark, Jr. traveled to England, visiting Epsom in Surrey where The Derby had been running annually since 1780.
- Pegasus is a mythical winged divine horse, and one of the most recognized creatures in Greek mythology.
- The current Olympic equestrian disciplines are Dressage, Eventing, and Jumping. In each discipline, both individual and team medals are awarded.
- When you are looking to buy or sell property you are sure to have certain things in mind. This is a possibility especially if you have a specific need for it.
- If you are thinking of buying or selling horse property, register with a leading website that focuses on equine properties for sale.
- Unlike buying a home or a property, when it comes to buying an equestrian property to raise horses, the whole concept is something entirely different.
- You can sell equestrian real estate without much difficulty because there are unique websites that cater to buyers & sellers from around the world.
- There are several equestrian properties for sale but it is necessary to consider some basic points before you invest in a property.
- When you are planning your horse property for listing, do it through a popular and reliable website for equine real estate.
- Perhaps the most famous warhorse remains disputed; nonetheless, according to legend The TROJAN HORSE
- Horse racing in the United States dates back to 1665, which saw the establishment of the Newmarket course in Salisbury, New York.
- The American Quarter Horse, the official State Horse of Texas, is an American breed of horse that excels at sprinting short distances.
- Horse racing is a sport that translates well to board games. These are our picks for the best horse-racing board games.
- Between adhering to building codes and choosing the best equipment, there are many details to bear in mind when planning your dream stall barn.
- A movie ranch is a ranch that is at least partially dedicated for the creation and production of motion pictures and television productions.
- Everyone adores horses, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that there are tons of movies starring these beautiful creatures.
- Horses have captured the imagination and emotion of mankind for centuries – perhaps, in a way that no other species of animal ever has.
- Horse farms are often considered one of the most “green” businesses in agriculture. We don’t spread undue amounts of chemical fertilizer.
- Do you dream of owning your own stable, or perhaps just owning a place where you can keep your horses in the backyard?
- Anne Kusian, Arabian horse breeder and riding instructor are giving you a flavor of what are the advantages of owning a horse ranch.